Online Cooking Class: Festive Holiday Treats
Chef demonstrates each step and assists you as you perform each step.
Ask questions and have the chef check your progress.
- Recipes Recipes are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Minimum 4 devices
- Class Maximum 20 devices
- Event Duration 1.75 hours
- LabelsGourmet, Fun, Baking, Holiday, Cake Baking
Cream of tartar, optional
Almond or hazelnut flour
Firmly packed dark or light brown sugar
Pure vanilla extract
Freshly grated nutmeg, optional
Bleached all-purpose flour
Milk chocolate (preferably couverture)
Flavorless oil such as grapeseed or safflower oil
Hazelnuts or slivered almonds
Dutch-process cocoa powder
Gold luster dust (edible cake decorating dust)
Slim decorative holiday ribbon of your choice
8 by 8-inch (20 cm) cake pan
Nonstick cooking spray without flour
Nonstick baking spray with flour
Two large mixing bowls
Strainer/sieve or sifter
Long serrated knife
Small microwave-safe bowl
Microwave or double boiler
Tray or sheet pan lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
Long wooden skewer or toothpick
Stand mixer with whisk beater, or hand mixer
Two 3/8” (6 cm) paper muffin/cupcake cups
Two 3/4-inch cookie cutter or flan ring
Medium-sized open-star tip (such as Ateco #825)
Fork or flat whisk
Small paint brush (or use the edge of a pastry brush)