Embark on a captivating journey into the world of cyanotype photography with this immersive, beginner-friendly workshop. Over two enchanting hours, discover the allure of one of the earliest photographic techniques and create your own mesmerizing blue-hued artworks.
Originating in 1842, this process evolved from scientific uses to an expressive art form. Dive into the materials and chemistry underlying cyanotype printing, exploring photosensitive solutions, diverse papers and substrates that transform visions into reality.
Experience the hands-on delight of coating paper or fabric with the cyanotype solution, experimenting with techniques that make each piece uniquely yours. Grasp the interplay of UV light exposure, observing prints develop under sunlight or UV lamps. Fuel your creativity by designing prints using negatives, objects, or digital designs.
By the end of this insightful class, you'll get to take home a collection of captivating cyanotype prints, ready to be admired or shared!
What to Bring:
- Your creative spirit
- Digital images turned to black and white and inverted printed on transparency material or objects you'd like to use in your cyanotypes (optional)
- A notebook and pen for taking notes
- Cyanotype chemicals (sensitizer and developer)
- Assorted papers and fabrics
- Brushes, trays, and UV lamps or the SUN!
- Digital negatives for experimentation