Agreement between Classpop! and client
for use of professional services and technology platform
This Agreement (the “Agreement”) is an agreement by and between you (“Client”) and applicable Cozymeal entity being Cozymeal Inc. or Cozymeal Canada Inc. which are operating as Classpop! (“ Classpop!”) in respect of access and use of Classpop!’s Website located at www.classpop.com, and any subdomains used in connection with or related to the same and any future versions (the “Website”) as well as Classpop! Mobile applications (the “ Platform App”, together with the Platform App and the Website constitute the “Platform”). You represent to us that you are lawfully able to enter into contracts and that you have legal authority to bind Client to this Agreement. This Agreement is effective between Client and Classpop! as of the date you indicate acceptance of this Agreement by pressing the “Agree & Submit” button or completing the registration process on our platform as a vendor, Vendor or any other capacity, whichever comes first (the “Effective Date”). If you do not accept and agree to the following terms and conditions, you may not use the Classpop!platform Vendor.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SECTION 22 OF THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS PROVISIONS GOVERNING HOW DISPUTES, CONTROVERSIES OR CLAIMS (A “DISPUTE”) BETWEEN CLIENT AND CLASSPOP! WILL BE RESOLVED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DISPUTES THAT AROSE OR WERE ASSERTED PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, IT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WHICH SHOULD BE REVIEWED CAREFULLY, AS IT WILL REQUIRE CLIENT, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH CLASSPOP! ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION: (1) CLIENT WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF AGAINST CLASSPOP! ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING; AND (2) CLIENT IS WAIVING ITS RIGHTS TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TRIAL BY JURY..
BY VIRTUE OF CLIENT’S ELECTRONIC EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLIENT WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT CLIENT HAS READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SECTION 22 ) AND HAS TAKEN TIME TO CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIS IMPORTANT BUSINESS DECISION.
1. OVERVIEW. Classpop!has developed a social and educational scheduling platform that connects professional chefs, florists, artists, computer experts and other instructors together(each, a “ Vendor”) with users who wish to participate in various social and educational experiences (each, a “Guest”). In some cases, Classpop! also connects Vendors with available venues (“Venue” or “Venues ”). Classpop!is not the provider of these social and educational experiences, it does not employ any such professionals or Vendors, and does not hold itself out as a provider of such professional services, as such services are exclusively rendered by Vendors and other Clients . Client maintains an independent business as a Vendor and wishes to register as a Vendor on the Platform to create Events (as defined below) so that Client can concentrate on practicing Client’s profession instead of spending valuable time and money creating Client’s own website, marketing tools, clientele , and payment processing system.
2. PLATFORM SERVICES. Classpop! will provide the following services to Client (the “ Platform Services”):
2.1 Site Listing . Classpop! will list Client on the Website and Client will be able to create an online profile that may feature Client’s biography, photo, professional experience, skills, dates and detailsfor their upcoming events and photos of previous and planned events. Classpop! may provide additional marketing services to assist Client with Client’s profile.
2.2 Booking Service . Classpop! will provide an online booking system on the Platform, by which Guests can make appointments with Guests and other Clients for Client’s social and educational events (“Events”) through Website.
2.3 Recordkeeping Service : Classpop! shall maintain general appointment and billing records of services provided by Client to Guests who book Events.
2.4 Administrative, Management, & Technology Services . Classpop! will provide miscellaneous administrative and management services to facilitate Client’s business, including the technology and operations necessary to communicate with Client and Guests.
2.5 Billing Service . Classpop!will provide an online, secure billing and payment system through its third party payment processor, to facilitate payment for Client’s Events.
2.6 Customer Service . Classpop! will provide operators to fileGuests’ complaints and refund requests. Classpop!’s refund policy is further discussed in Section 8 of this Agreement.
2.7 Venue Scheduling . Classpop! will provide an online scheduling system on the Platform, by which Client can connect with Classpop!’s venue partners (each, a “ Venue”).
3. EXCLUSIONS FROM PLATFORM SERVICES. The Platform Services only relate to the business services set forth above. The Platform Services do not include anything related to other services. Except as purchased from Classpop!, Client is solely responsible for all of Client’s own tools, equipment, training, automobiles, office space, licensing, and other materials or requirements needed, desired or related to Client’s business. Client is also solely responsible for the payment of insurance premiums, licensing fees, certifications, professional dues or other costs or expenses connected with Client’s business, and acknowledges that Classpop! will not reimburse Client for any such expenses. Classpop! is not, and shall not be, responsible for any liability arising out of the Client Services, including, but not limited to, injuries to the Guests and other Platform users caused by services offered by the Client on the Platform. Client is not permitted to represent to Platform users Guests or others that Client is an employee, contractor, or agent of Classpop!.
4. FEES FOR PLATFORM SERVICES . Joining the Platform, creating a user profile, and creating Events is free. Classpop! may charge service and payment processing fees in connection with Events that you host as described in your Member Account profile page.
5. PLATFORM CONTROL. As an independent business and Client of Classpop!, Client maintains complete control and autonomy over Client’s use of the Platform. Such use shall include but not limited to the followings:
5.1 Client may decide whether to create Events and shall determine the time and location of Events – Classpop!’s involvement shall be limited to providing Client access to the Platform;
5.2 Client is permitted to select Client’s attire at Events – no uniforms or other specific clothes are required or recommended;
5.3 Client shall maintain its independent business and its own clients outside of its use of the Platform. To clarify, the use of the Platform does not restrict Client’s ability to maintain and run its business without using the Platform. ;
5.4 The use of the Platform may not restrict the ability of theClient to useother competitive services or technology platforms;
5.5 Client’s opportunity for profit or loss is dependent on his or her own managerial skill and the Client shall indemnify Classpop! against any such loss or profit in accordance with Section__ of this Agreement;
5.6 Client is responsible for losses directly or indirectly caused by Client or Client’s agents with respect to Guests and Venues and shall indemnify;Classpop! against any such direct or indirect loss in accordance with Section__ of this Agreement
5.7 Client solely controls the amount of Client’s investment in Client’s business, including expenses spent ontraining and tools; and
5.8 Client exclusively controls Client’s performance at Events, including, but not limited to, possessing the requisite skills, credentials and training to provide and host the Events that Client creates on the Platform.
6. VENUES. in an event you have been connected to a venue through the use of the Platform, Client and Venues are responsible for coordinating the logistics of Events with one another. Classpop! Involvement in the process is limited to providing an avenue for the Client and Venue to get in touch with each other, after which the Client and Venues shall coordinate with each other directly. As between Classpop! and Client, Client is solely responsible for the personal safety and security of Guests at the Events, inspecting and setting up the Event at the Venue to ensure the Venue is clean, in suitable condition, and has adequate facilities to host the Event, and for cleaning up the Venue after the Event.
7.1 PAYMENT . Classpop! will remit to Clientthe amount of commission as initially described in Client’sMember Account profile page, unless the amount of commission has been renegotiated and a formal amendment has been signed to the same effect by both Client and Classpop! Classpop!’s third party payment processor will hold funds in escrow until t 24 hours after the scheduled end time for each Event.
7.2 REFUNDS. unless otherwise the cancellation and refund policy has been negotiated in advance by Client and Classpop! and a formal amendment has been signed by both parties, Classpop!shall maintain its current refund and cancellation policy Click [ here ] to see current cancellation policy . Classpop! may withhold payment of any commission in the event of a Guest complaint and any pending resolution between the Guest and Vendor.
8. CLIENT’S BUSINESS AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Client represents and warrants that Client is self-employed, maintains and operates the business Client is using the Platform for and that Client is separate and independent from Classpop!. The Client further represents and warrants that it holds himself or herself out to the public as independently competent business owner and is available to provide the applicable services as described on the Platform by Client, and has securedand/or expects to secure other guests and clients outside its involvement and use of Classpop!and prior to entering into this Agreement. Client agrees to supply Classpop! with a copy of Client’s valid and current insurance, any relevant professional certifications or diplomas, and a history of malpractice claims and disciplinary investigations if any. Client agrees to submit to a background screening conducted by Classpop! for the sole purpose of confirming Client’s credentials and/or references. Client represents and warrants that all information provided by Client is accurate and complies with relevant laws and regulations applicable to Client’s industry, and will immediately notify Classpop! of any change in contact, or relevant professional information. Client assumes complete responsibility for all services to and treatment of each Guest and for compliance with all laws, regulations, and professional ethical guidelines and standards pertaining to Client’s services. Client represents and warrants that Client is free to enter into this Agreement and perform each of its obligation under this Agreement and , is not restricted (contractually or otherwise) from entering into and performing its obligations under this Agreement, Client further represents and warrants that its not subject to any suit, action, claim, arbitration or legal, administrative or other proceeding, or government or professional investigation, pending or threatened or affecting Client’s ability to perform services and its obligations hereunder. Client will immediately inform Classpop! of any such action.
9. Expenses. Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, Classpop! and Client shall each bear his, her or its own expenses relating to this Agreement and performance thereunder.
10. . No Employment Relationship; No Legal or Other Advice. Neither this Agreement nor Client’s performance under this Agreement shall create an association, partnership, joint venture, or relationship of principal and agent, master and servant, or employer and employee, between Classpop! and Client, or between Classpop! and Client’s employees and agents. Classpop! and Client agree that Client and its employees and agents will receive no Classpop!-sponsored benefits from Classpop! where benefits include, but are not limited to, paid vacation, sick leave, termination pay, medical insurance, E.I. CPP Contribution or401k participation. If Client, its employees, or agents, are reclassified by a state or federal agency or court as Classpop!’s employee, Client, its employees, or agents, as applicable, will become a reclassified employee and will receive no benefits from Classpop!, except those mandated by state or federal law, even if by the terms of Classpop!’s benefit plans or programs of Classpop! in effect at the time of such reclassification, Client, its employees or agents, as applicable, would otherwise be eligible for such benefits. Client acknowledges Client’s sole responsibility for complying with all federal, state and local tax filing and payment obligations that pertain to any remuneration received from Platform usersor as processed by Classpop! in connection with this Agreement, including Client’s sole responsibility for all tax withholding, Social Security, Worker’s Compensation Insurance, FICA, unemployment compensation, medical insurance, life insurance, paid vacations, paid holidays, pensions, and other obligations or benefits. Client acknowledges that Classpop! is not rendering legal, tax, or investment advice, nor is Classpop! a fiduciary of Client. Accordingly, Client acknowledges that Client may seek advice from an appropriate professional to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws or ordinances.
11.For Canadian ClientsONLY. All payments and fees paid to Client are inclusive of all Goods and Services Taxes (“GST”) and Harmonized Sales Tax (“HST”) (collectively “GST/HST”), if applicable, and all value added and sales taxes in accordance with the applicable federal and provincial legislation. Client shall remit the GST/HST paid by Classpop! to the Canada Revenue Agency and agrees to indemnify Classpop! for all such monies if Client fails to do so. All payments made by Classpop! to Client shall be made without statutory deductions in respect of, but not limited to, the Income Tax Act (Canada), theCanada Pension Plan, the Employment Insurance Act, theWorkplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997 or the Employer Health Tax Act. Client acknowledges responsibility for arranging, paying and remitting all applicable payments, contributions, premiums or penalties under any federal or provincial legislation with respect to their obligations under this Agreement by the Client.
12. Marks. The domain name and other names for the Platform and Website, all page headers, graphics, and button icons are service marks, trademarks (whether registered or unregistered), logos, and/or trade dress of Classpop! (collectively, “Classpop! Marks”). Client will not use any of the Classpop! Marks without prior written authorization; Client has a revocable and non-transferable license during the term of this Agreement for the sole purpose of identifying and promoting Classpop!’s services under the terms of this Agreement.
13. publicity; media rights. Classpop! may reference and publicize the fact that Client is a member of the Platform. By using the Website, Client hereby grants Classpop! and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual right and license to use Client’s name, image, and likeness solely in connection with the Website (including without limitation for the purposes of promoting the Website). Client further acknowledges and agrees that Classpop! has the right to photograph, film and record Events (which may include recordings of Client and food prepared by, flowers arranged by or other professional activities performed by Client), and to broadcast, exhibit and otherwise exploit the photographs, film and recordings of the Events. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, all rights of every kind in and to all photographs, film and recordings made at the Events (including, without limitation, all copyrights) shall be and remain vested in Classpop!, including, without limitation, the right to use and reuse all such photographs, film and recordings in connection with subsequent related and unrelated productions of any kind, as well as in connection with advertisements, promotions, publicity, clips, and other materials, etc.
14. Feedback . Client may from time to time deliver feedback regarding the Platform and/or Platform Services, including without limitation, any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals for the Platform and/or Platform Services (the “Feedback”). Client hereby assigns to Classpop! all rights, title, and interest in the Feedback and agrees that Classpop! will have the right to use the Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate.
15. Confidentiality . “Confidential Information ” means any non-public information, technical data, or know-how disclosed by Classpop! to Client that is identified at the time of disclosure, in writing or orally, as confidential or that should reasonably be considered confidential. Confidential Information includes information regarding the Platform, processes, designs, services, customers, markets, business model or pricing. Client will not disclose the Confidential Information to any third parties and will protect the Confidential Information with at least the level of care it takes to protect its own confidential information of similar value, but in no event with less than reasonable care. Client will use the Confidential Information solely for the purpose of fulfilling Client’s obligations under this Agreement and will not use the Confidential Information for Client’s own benefit or the benefit of any third party. Client may share the Confidential Information with its employees, consultants, attorneys, accountants and professional advisors, provided that Client shall be liable for any acts or omissions of all such persons. In the event any law or government entity compels the disclosure of any Confidential Information, Client may disclose such Confidential Information only if Client gives Classpop! prompt notice of Client’s intent to disclose the Confidential Information and reasonably to assist Classpop! to eliminate or minimize such disclosure.
16. RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. Client understands and agrees that by hosting Events, Client will be interacting with members of the general public. Client understands that Classpop! does not, and has no duty or obligation to, conduct any pre-screening or background checks on any members of the Website and Guests. Client understands and agrees that the Website merely acts as a platform to permit Website members to connect with each other and organize and attend certain social and educational events, and as such, Client agrees that Classpop! exercises no control and has no authority over Events, or the actions, events and occurrences that take place therein. Client hereby releases Classpop! and its successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from this Agreement, including but not limited to, any interactions with Venues or Guests arising in connection with or as a result of the Agreement. If Client is a California resident, Client hereby waives California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.” The foregoing release does not apply to any claims, demands, or any losses, damages, rights and actions for Classpop!’s fraud, deception, false, promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Platform. CLIENT IS AWARE THAT THERE ARE INHERENT RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS ASSOCIATED WITH AN EVENT AND CLIENT VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISK OF LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, SERIOUS BODILY HARM OR DEATH, WHICH MAY ARISE FROM OR IS RELATED TO CLIENT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, WHETHER SUCH RISK IS KNOWN OR UNKNOWN TO CLIENT. CLIENT HAS CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTANDS ITS CONTENTS. CLIENT UNDERSTANDS THAT CLIENT CANNOT ORGANIZE THE EVENT VIA THE WEBSITE AND USE THE PLATFORM SERVICES UNLESS CLIENT ENTERS INTO THIS AGREEMENT, WHICH CLIENT IS DOING VOLUNTARILY AND OF CLIENT’S OWN FREE WILL.
17. INDEMNIFICATION . Client agrees to indemnify and hold Classpop!, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners, suppliers, and licensors (each, a “Classpop! Party” and collectively, the “ Classpop! Parties”) harmless againstany losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any and all of the following: (a) Client’s negligence, intentional wrongdoing, or a breach of this Agreement, or alleged negligence, intentional wrongdoing, or breach of this Agreement, of the Client or of persons under Client’s control, (b) any liability of Client or Classpop! for the payment or non-payment of federal, state, or local taxes, or other withholdings, involving Client, (c) Events hosted by Client that may include any violation of any applicable laws, rules, regulations and local ordinances, including without limitation, necessary permits, alcohol licenses, fire codes, and health and safety inspections, (d) Client’s violation of any rights of another party, including any Guests or Venues, or (e) Client’s use of, or inability to use, the Website or Platform. Classpop! shall be entitled to the rights of indemnification provided if, by reason of Client’s providing services under this Agreement, Classpop! is, or is threatened to be made, a party to or participant in any proceeding, including any actual or threatened administrative or civil action or lawsuit, arbitration, or criminal indictment or case. Classpop! reserves the right, at the cost of Client, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Client, in which event Client will fully cooperate with Classpop! in asserting any available defenses. This provision does not require Client to indemnify any of the Classpop!Parties for such party’s fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Platform.
17.1 Service Liability indemnification. The Client agrees to defend Classpop!, its agents, directors, officers and employees, at Client’s sole expense, and will indemnify and hold harmless the Classpop!, its agents, directors, officers and employees, from and against any and all product or service liability losses, costs, damages, injury or damages to Guests, fees or expenses arising out of or in connection with Client’s or any of its affiliate’s, use of the Platform, including, but not limited to, any actual or alleged injury, damage, death, loss of profits, loss of economic opportunity, or other damages as a result, directly or indirectly, of the Client using the Platform and hosting any Events, injury or damage to any Guest as a result of Client hosting an Event, use or consumption of any products used or sold in an Event hosted by Client, and regardless of the form in which any such claim is made by the Guest. In the event of any such claim against Classpop! or any agent, director, officer or employee, Classpop! shall promptly notify Client in writing of the claim and Client shall manage and control, at its sole expense, the defense of the claim and its settlement. Classpop! shall cooperate with Client and may, at its option and expense, be represented in any such action or proceeding.
18. Disclaimer of Warranties. Classpop!’s Website acts solely as a Platformto allow people who are interested various fields and industries to connect and met. Classpop!provides the Platform on an “as is” and “as available basis” and hereby disclaims all warranties, both express and implied, including any warranty of non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability and makes no representation relating to and does not offer any opinion, recommendation, or advice regarding the legality of, tax implications and liabilities of, or any licenses, permits or other consents that may be necessary to host and otherwise provide, any Event, services or being considered a venue. Should Client have any questions related to the legality of or consent, permits necessary to host any Event, Client should consult Client’s own legal counsel.
21. Governing Law and Venue.
21.1 This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction.
21.2 Any disputes, actions, claims or causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or against Classpop! that are not subject to arbitration as provided in Section 22 shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California.
22. Dispute Resolution -- Arbitration. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this section (“ Arbitration Provision”) carefully. It requires Client to arbitrate disputes with Classpop!and limits the manner in which Client can seek relief from Classpop!.
22.1 Agreement to Arbitrate . Except as otherwise stated in this Arbitration Provision, any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including any question regarding its breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity, or Client’s services shall be finally settled by arbitration. This Arbitration Provision shall apply, without limitation, to all claims that arose or were asserted before the effective date of this Agreement or any prior version of this Agreement.
Except as otherwise provided, this Arbitration Provision also applies without limitation to all disputes between Client and Classpop!’s fiduciaries, administrators, affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, and all successors and assigns of any of them, including but not limited to any dispute, controvery or claim arising out of relating to this Agreement or Client’s relationship with Classpop!, including termination of the relationship.
Except as it otherwise provided or required by law, this Arbitration Provision also applies without limitation, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disputes regarding any city, county, state or federal wage-hour law, trade secrets, unfair competition, compensation, breaks and rest periods, expense reimbursement, termination, harassment and claims arising under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans With Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (except for individual claims for employee benefits under any benefit plan sponsored by Classpop! and covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 or funded by insurance), Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act, and state statutes, if any, addressing the same or similar subject matters, and all other similar federal and state statutory and common law claims.
22.2 Arbitration Rules and Place of Arbitration . The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS (Judicial Arbitration & Mediation Services) pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures in effect on the date of the arbitration (available at http://jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration/), except as modified herein. Disputes involving claims and counterclaims under $250,000, not inclusive of attorneys’ fees and interest, shall be subject to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures in effect on the date of arbitration (available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/), except as modified herein. JAMS’ rules are also available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling JAMS at 800-352-5267. The location of the arbitration proceeding shall be no more than 45 miles from the place where Client last provided Client Services under this Agreement, unless each party to the arbitration agrees in writing otherwise. Client and Classpop! acknowledge that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding Section 13 with respect to the applicable substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1 – 16).
22.3 Selection of the Arbitrator . There shall be one arbitrator.The Arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Client and Classpop!. Unless Client and Classpop! mutually agree otherwise, the Arbitrator shall be an attorney licensed to practice in the location where the arbitration proceeding will be conducted or a retired federal or state judicial officer who presided in the jurisdiction where the arbitration will be conducted. If the Parties cannot agree on an Arbitrator within 30 days after the commencement of the arbitration, then the arbitrator shall be selected using the alternate strike method from a list of five (5) neutral arbitrators provided by JAMS. Client will have the option of making the first strike.
22.4 Authority of Arbitrator . Except as otherwise provided herein, all issues shall be decided by an arbitrator and not by a court or judge. The arbitrator shall have the exclusive authority to (a) determine the scope, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of this Arbitration Provision or any portion of the Arbitration Provision; and (b) resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, scope, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of this Arbitration Provision, including but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitrator shall not have the authority to consolidate this arbitration with any other arbitration proceeding, to join it with any other cases or parties or to conduct a class-wide arbitration. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral rules and the Agreement (including the Arbitration Provision). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision stating the disposition of each claim and a concise written statement describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The award of the arbitrator is binding on Client and Classpop!, and judgment on any award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
This Arbitration Provision applies without limitation to such disputes arising out of, relating to, or in connection with the interpretation or application of this Arbitration Provision, including the enforceability, revocability or validity of the Arbitration Provision or any portion of the Arbitration Provision.
22.5 WAIVER OF CLASS OR CONSOLIDATED ACTIONS (“CLASS ACTION WAIVER”) . IMPORTANT –EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 22.7 , CLIENT AND Classpop! AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CLIENT CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CLIENT OR USER OF THE PLATFORM . Only individual relief is available. The arbitrator shall have no authority to consider or resolve any claim or issue any relief on any basis other than an individual basis. The arbitrator shall have no authority to consider or resolve any claim or issue any relief on a class, collective or representative basis. Except as required by applicable law, this subsection also precludes Client from participating in or recovering relief under any current or future class, collective, or representative action brought against Classpop! by someone else.
In any case in which (1) a dispute is filed as a class, collective, or representative action and (2) there is a final judicial determination that all or part of the Class Action Waiver is unenforceable for a given claim for relief, then the claim shall be severed from the arbitration, and the class, collective, and/or representative action shall be litigated in the State or Federal Courts located in the State of California. All other claims shall be arbitrated and the portion of the Class Action Waiver that is enforceable shall be enforced in arbitration.
WHETHER TO AGREE TO ARBITRATION IS AN IMPORTANT BUSINESS DECISION. IT IS CLIENT’S DECISION TO MAKE, AND CLIENT SHOULD NOT RELY SOLELY UPON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT AS IT IS NOT INTENDED TO CONTAIN A COMPLETE EXPLANATION OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF ARBITRATION. CLIENT SHOULD TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO CONDUCT FURTHER RESEARCH AND TO CONSULT WITH OTHERS — INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AN ATTORNEY — REGARDING THE CONSEQUENCES OF CLIENT’S DECISION, JUST AS CLIENT WOULD WHEN MAKING ANY OTHER IMPORTANT BUSINESS OR LIFE DECISION. Client understands that Client will not be subject to retaliation if Client exercises Client’s right to assert claims or opt-out of coverage under this Arbitration Provision.
22.7 Limitations on How the Arbitration Provision Applies . The disputes and claims set forth below shall not be subject to arbitration and the requirement to arbitrate set forth in Section 22 of this Agreement shall not apply to:
(a) A representative action brought on behalf of others under the Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (“PAGA”), California Labor Code § 2698 et seq.;
(b) Representative actions for public injunctive relief may be arbitrated on a class basis;
(c) Claims for workers compensation, state disability insurance, and unemployment insurance benefits (provided, however, that any claims commenced by Client against Classpop! challenging worker classification that may affect workers compensation, state disability insurance, and unemployment insurance benefits are subject to mandatory arbitration);
(d) Sexual harassment claims, to the extent applicable law prohibits mandatory arbitration of sexual harassment claims. In the event you intend to bring multiple claims, including a sexual harassment claim that is prohibited from being subject to arbitration under applicable law, the sexual harassment claim may be publicly filed with a court, while any other claims are subject to mandatory arbitration, except as limited by this subsection 22.7;
(e) Regardless of any other terms of this Agreement, nothing prevents Client from making a report to or filing a claim or charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, U.S. Department of Labor, Securities Exchange Commission, National Labor Relations Board, or Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, and nothing in this Agreement or Arbitration Provision prevents the investigation by a government agency of any report, claim or charge otherwise covered by this Arbitration Provision. Nothing in this Arbitration Provision shall be deemed to preclude or excuse a party from bringing an administrative claim before any agency in order to fulfill the party's obligation to exhaust administrative remedies before making a claim in arbitration; and
(f) Disputes that may not be subject to a pre-dispute arbitration agreement pursuant to applicable federal law or Executive Order are excluded from the coverage of this Arbitration Provision.
22.8 Starting the Arbitration .
(a) All claims in arbitration are subject to the same statutes of limitation that would apply in court. To start an arbitration, a Party shall file a written demand for arbitration with JAMS and deliver a copy of the demand for arbitration by hand or first class mail to the other Party within the applicable statute of limitations period. Any demand for arbitration made to Classpop! shall be sent to Classpop! at 420 Mission Bay Blvd N Suite 504, San Francisco, CA, 94158. The demand for arbitration shall include identification of the parties, a copy of this Arbitration Provision, a statement of the legal and factual basis of the claim(s), and a statement of the remedy sought.
(b) The arbitrator shall resolve all disputes regarding the timeliness or propriety of the demand for arbitration. A party may apply to a court of competent jurisdiction for temporary or preliminary injunctive relief in connection with an arbitrable controversy, but only upon the ground that the award to which that party may be entitled may be rendered ineffectual without such provisional relief.
(c) In arbitration, the parties shall have the right to conduct adequate civil discovery, bring dispositive motions, and present witnesses and evidence as needed to present their cases and defenses, and any disputes in this regard shall be resolved by the Arbitrator.
22.9 Paying For the Arbitration . If Client initiates arbitration under this Arbitration Provision and are otherwise required to pay a filing fee under the relevant JAMS rules, Classpop! agrees that, unless Client’s claim is for $5,000 or more, Client’s share of the filing and arbitration fees is limited to $50, and that, after Client submits proof of payment of the filing fee to Classpop!, Classpop! will promptly reimburse Client for all but $50 of the filing fee. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of Client’s claim or the relief sought in the claim is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the JAMS rules. If Classpop! initiates arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, Classpop! will pay all JAMS filing and arbitration fees. Except as provided in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 68 or any state equivalents, each party shall pay its own attorneys’ fees and pay any costs that are not unique to the arbitration (i.e., costs that each party would incur if the claim(s) were litigated in a court such as costs to subpoena witnesses and/or documents, take depositions and purchase deposition transcripts, copy documents, etc.). At the end of any arbitration, the arbitrator may award reasonable fees and costs or any portion thereof to Client if Client prevails, to the extent authorized by applicable law.
22.10 Full and Complete Agreement Related to Formal Resolution of Disputes; Enforcement of This Agreement . This Arbitration Provision is the full and complete agreement relating to the formal resolution of disputes arising out of this Agreement. Except as stated in Section 22.5, above, in the event any portion of this Arbitration Provision is deemed unenforceable, the remainder of this Arbitration Provision will be enforceable.